- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – News Corp. exec Alex Lewis has been brought in to ramp up activities at Warner Bros. Pictures International in the U.K.
Lewis has been named vp and director of marketing for Warner Bros. Pictures International, U.K.
WBUK svp and group marketing director Polly Cochrane announced the appointment Monday, to whom Lewis will report.
Lewis joins from News Corp. in the U.K. where she is currently director of strategy and marketing initiatives, Europe and Asia.
She will tasked with consumer and trade marketing for all Warner Bros. Pictures International’s movie releases in the U.K.
Upcoming releases include The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Lewis began her tenure at News Corp. as director of marketing and communications at Sky Networks part of BSkyB, where she headed up marketing and publicity for the entire Sky Entertainment portfolio.
She held this role for three years before becoming marketing director at News International, News Corp.’s publishing division currently immersed in the phone-hacking scandal making headlines, where, according to Warner Bros., she oversaw the marketing for The Times and The Sunday Times.
The announcement makes no mention of the now closed The News of The World newspaper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day