- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pom Klementieff has found a new mission. The French actor, known for playing Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the latest Avengers movies, has signed on for the next installments of Paramount and Skydance’s Mission: Impossible franchise.
Writer-director Christopher McQuarrie shared a photo of Klementieff on Instagram Tuesday, asking, “how do you say femme fatale in French?” The actor shared her own announcement, “Mischief: Accepted #MI78.”
Klementieff joins fellow Marvel actor Hayley Atwell the two announced new additions to the franchise. Tom Cruise will reprise his starring role as Ethan Hunt for two upcoming films, the seventh and eighth installments. McQuarrie will oversee as writer and director after previously helming 2015’s Rogue Nation and last year’s Fallout, which grossed $791.1 million globally and is the series’ biggest movie to date. Rebecca Ferguson is expected to return for the new installments.
Paramount has dated the next Mission: Impossible film for July 23, 2021, while the eighth installment will be released on Aug. 5, 2022.
Klementieff, who had a brief role in Avengers: Endgame, also has Uncut Gems out in December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival