- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Commercials director Nic Mathieu will make his directorial debut with The Wind, an original sci-fi project set up at Warner Bros.
A-list writer David Koepp, who worked on Men in Black 3, penned the script and is producing the project, which is being developed under the radar at the studio. Plot details are being kept secret, though the story is known to be set in a space colony.
Warners typically works with established filmmakers, but Mathieu is a rare exception. He has been wowing execs in the commercials world with spots known for his expert use of CG effects. One of his more recognizable ads was the 2004 Super Bowl spot for Cadillac, titled “Turbulence.”
Mathieu has been described by Warners insiders as having a strong point of view as a filmmaker. He made an impressive and confident presentation for Wind, which the studio has decided to develop as a feature.
Sarah Schechter is overseeing Wind for Warners.
Mathieu is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Loeb & Loeb.
Watch Mathieu’s Zenith “Stellar” ad below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tick... Tick... Boom!
The Eyes of Tammy Faye