- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nick Jonas is in early talks to join Sony’s Jumanji, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
If cast, the “Jealous” singer would join Dwayne Johnson in the remake of the 1995 feature that starred the late Robin Williams as the freed jungle dweller who must work to win the magical board game that locked him away. Kevin Hart is rumored to be starring in the movie.
Sony is set to release their revamped Jumanji in one year, on July 28, 2017.
Although the Disney alum is known primarily as a singer-songwriter, he recently showed off his acting chops in the Sundance selection Goat. In the college-set psychological thriller, which will hit theaters on Sept. 23, Jonas stars alongside Ben Schnetzer as an overzealous fraternity brother.
Jonas also stars in the MMA fighting drama Kingdom, which just picked up a renewal for a third season.
He is repped by CAA and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day