- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Writer-director Panos Cosmatos‘ second horror film also stars Andrea Riseborough and Linus Roache. RLJE Films plans a summer 2018 theatrical release.
Mandy, set in 1983, stars Cage as Red Miller, a broken and haunted man, who hunts the unhinged religious sect who slaughtered the love of his life. XYZ Films started selling the indie film at the Toronto Film Festival.
“Panos is a truly visionary filmmaker, and we are beyond excited to unleash Mandy to the masses,” Mark Ward, chief acquisitions officer at RLJE Films, said in a statement on Thursday. Mandy is produced by SpectreVision, XYZ Films and Umedia.
The Sundance title was financed by Umedia and Piccadilly Pictures, with additional support from Wallimage.
Ward and Jess De Leo from RLJE negotiated the U.S. distribution deal with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day