- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Even though you’ve been raised as a human, you are not one of them.”
Nicolas Cage is finally getting to play Superman.
Cage famously almost played Superman in the proposed 1998 film Superman Lives, which would have been directed by Tim Burton with a script from Kevin Smith. That movie would have featured Braniac, Doomsday and Lex Luthor as villains.
There has been footage of Cage’s costume tests floating around the Internet for years, but that is as close as fans got to seeing that version of Superman, after the project fell apart in its early stages.
Cage also has another unique Superman connection: He once owned an issue of Superman’s 1938 Action Comics debut, considered the rarest comic of all time. He later sold it for $2.1 million.
Teen Titans GO! is making a jump to the big screen from its Cartoon Network show. Other actors involved in the film, according to USA Today, include singer/songwriter Halsey, who voices Wonder Woman, and rapper Lil Yachty, who plays Green Lantern.
The movie will be in theaters July 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day