- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicholas Cage was released from a New Orleans jail around 2 p.m. ET Saturday.
The actor was arrested Saturday morning at 6:33 a.m., according to police records, and charged with domestic abuse and disturbing the police.
According to TMZ, a cabdriver spotted an inebriated Cage and his wife, Alice, fighting over their rental address (he is filming in the Big Easy), and called police. When cops arrived, Cage dared them to cuff him, yelling, “Why don’t you just arrest me?”
When police encouraged him to call it a night, according to TMZ, Cage once again dared police to arrest him — and he was taken into custody.
Alice will not press charges, and says there was no physical contact, according to the site.
A&E reality star Dog “The Bounty Hunter” Chapman paid his $11,000 bond.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
WGA Awards 2022
The Tragedy of Macbeth