- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
French director Bruno Dumont (Camille Claudel 1915) and Iranian helmer Abbas Kiarostami (Certified Copy) are also Morocco-bound for the masterclass series, as is philosopher Regis Debray, who will be part of the official program to explore the intellecutal vision of cinema and art.
Gray will appear on Dec. 2, with Only God Forgives’ Refn appearing on Dec. 4. The festival will also host a tribute to Scandinavian Cinema the evening of Dec. 4.
Gray will reunite with his The Immigrant star Marion Cotillard, who will be on the feature film jury with Oscar-nominee Patricia Clarkson, director Park Chan-wook (Stoker, Oldboy), and Amit Escalante, who won best director for Heli at Cannes earlier this year.
Italian Cannes regular Paolo Sorrentino (This Must Be the Place), Turkish director Fatih Akin (New York, I Love You), Moroccan writer-director Narjiss Nejjar (Les Yeux Secs) and Indian director Anurag Kashyap (Ugly) will also join jury president Martin Scorsese.
The competition films are expected be announced later this week.
The festival runs from Nov. 29 – Dec. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day