- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – The English language remake of Nicolas Winding Refn’s Pusher, directed by Luis Prieto and exec produced by Refn himself, has attracted model and actress Agyness Deyn, Richard Coyle, Bronson Webb and Paul Kaye to star.
Refn’s original drug thriller pushed the Danish director into the spotlight in 1996 and the English-language remake has long been in the works.
Backed by U.K. production and finance label Vertigo Films and Embargo Films, the remake is scheduled to shoot in the British capital next week.
Rupert Preston from Vertigo Films and Chris Simon and Felix Vossen from Embargo Films are producing. International sales are being handled by Gaumont International.
The English-language remake tells the story of a week in the life of a big time drug pusher in London whose life soon spins out of control.
Refn said: “Pusher was the film that launched my career and to have Luis Prieto direct the remake in London will be an exciting venture. It’s a classic tale with strong characters and has an engaging narrative. To see my characters, Frank and Tony in London, one of the most exciting and diverse cities in the world, is an opportunity not to be missed.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day