- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The spot explores the marital troubles of the real-life couple behind the titular sitcom pair — played by Nicole Kidman alongside Javier Bardem as Desi Arnaz — and alludes to Ball’s investigation by the FBI. (In testimony to the House Un-American Activities Committee, Ball admitted to having previously registered as a member of the Communist Party in 1936 at the behest of her then-ailing grandfather.)
Aaron Sorkin is behind the feature that chronicles the famous couple’s complicated professional and romantic relationship, set against the backdrop of one critical production week of their groundbreaking sitcom I Love Lucy.
“If they boo you, we’re done,” says Bardem as Arnaz in the trailer, which also features J.K. Simmons as William Frawley and Nina Arianda as Vivian Vance.
Being the Ricardos is getting an awards-contending release, due out in theaters Dec. 10 prior to hitting Prime Video on Dec. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day