- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“We would just like to thank everyone for their love and prayers over these past couple of weeks. We are all heartbroken but knowing we are in the hearts and thoughts of others is so comforting,” the two both posted to their Facebook pages on Monday. “Sending love, Nic and Keith xx.”
Dr. Kidman was a clinical psychologist at the University of Technology, Sydney. He could often be heard on the radio and wrote magazine columns offering advice on everyday life. He was visiting Kidman’s sister, Antonia, who lives in Singapore with her husband and six children. He died after a fall in his hotel after breakfast.
The actress was reportedly in Nashville at the time of his death, and the country singer canceled a charity performance in Los Angeles to fly back to her, according to TMZ. Urban also stepped away from American Idol’s traveling auditions in New York, with show alum Adam Lambert filling in for the returning panelist.
“Nicole and her family are in shock by the sudden death of her father,” Kidman’s rep told THR in a statement at the time. “She appreciates the outpouring of support and kindly requests privacy during this very difficult time. Thank you.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day