- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nicole Kidman is joining Colin Farrell in The Killing of a Sacred Deer, the new movie project from The Lobster filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos.
Lanthimos co-wrote the script with The Lobster co-writer Efthimis Fillipou and is directing what is being described as a psychological revenge thriller with a hint of supernatural thrown in.
Farrell is on board as a successful surgeon who attempts to integrate a teenager into his family, but when the teen’s actions grow increasingly sinister, the doctor is forced to make an unthinkable sacrifice. Kidman will play Farrell’s wife.
The project is heading towards an August start, with A24 as the domestic distributor.
Ed Guiney and Andrew Lowe of Element Pictures are producing. Film 4 developed Sacred Deer with Element.
Kidman next stars in Lion, an indie drama co-starring Rooney Mara and Dev Patel. She also is producing, with Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies, HBO’s adaptation of the Liane Moriarty novel being directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
Kidman is repped by CAA, Media Talent Group and Shanahan Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day