- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Karyn Kusama’s Destroyer will be presented as a gala screening at AFI Fest 2018 as part of An Evening With Nicole Kidman, who stars in the film as a hardened detective facing off against an old nemesis. The event will take place Nov. 13 at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
“Nicole Kidman is a fearless actor,” AFI Festivals director Michael Lumpkin said in announcing the screening. “In Destroyer, she plunges headlong into the depths of her character’s soul, and it’s that total immersion onscreen that has come to define her fiercely intelligent body of work. We are honored to spotlight her tremendous career.”
Destroyer, which had its world premiere at the Telluride Film Festival, will be released Dec. 25 by Annapurna. The film is written by Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi (AFI Conservatory Class of 1995), both of whom also produced alongside Fred Berger.
AFI Fest will run Nov. 8-15 in various venues in Hollywood. Mimi Leder’s On the Basis of Sex will have its world premiere as the opening night film, and Josie Rourke’s Mary Queen of Scots will have its world premiere as the closing night film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day