- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Niki Caro — who helmed Whale Rider and North Country — has signed a deal to develop and direct Exposure, eOne’s film about the groundbreaking DNA scientist Rosalind Franklin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Hayley Schore and Roshan Sethi penned the script, which eOne Features president Xavier Marchand bought in April. The film focuses on Franklin, the unsung crystallography expert who was instrumental in the discovery of the DNA’s double-helix structure in 1953 by Francis Crick, James Watson and Maurice Wilkins. Her initial photos eventually helped Watson map the structure of DNA.
Caro’s upcoming projects include the Warsaw Zoo drama The Zookeeper’s Wife, starring Jessica Chastain and Daniel Bruhl, and the operatic biopic Callas. She just finished directing Netflix’s two-hour Anne of Green Gables pilot.
Caro is repped by UTA, Artists House and the attorneys of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day