- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In his new film, Nine Lives, Kevin Spacey plays a powerful executive who’s not quite himself. Specifically, he’s trapped inside the body of a cat.
“You haven’t been there for your family. You’re going to be stuck inside this cat until you make things right,” Christopher Walken’s character explains to Spacey’s four-legged executive, Tom Brand, who, a voiceover informs viewers, now goes by the name “Mr. Fuzzypants.”
Evidently Brand isn’t fond of felines, telling Walken’s character, “But I hate cats.”
“That’s what makes this so perfect,” he replies.
A number of hijinks ensue with Brand’s family and their new cat: They chase the pet around the house; it hops on the back of a delivery guy’s bike and in a scene that would be uncomfortable for any cat, the cat gets a bath.
“Just drown me,” Spacey’s character is heard saying.
Nine Lives, directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, also stars Jennifer Garner, Talitha Bateman, Mark Consuelos and Robbie Amell. The film was written by Daniel Antoniazzi and Ben Shiffrin, with EuropaCorp financing, producing and distributing, with Christophe Lambert and Luc Besson signed on as producers.
The film is set to hit theaters on Aug. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day