- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For once, seeing a giant Piranha Plant isn’t going to be a bad thing.
Universal Studios has released a video featuring legendary Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto to tease the planned Nintendo-themed areas at Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood. The companies are promising to bring to life levels from Super Mario Bros. and other Nintendo properties.
“Since we’re bringing the world to life, I think Mario will finally feel like he finally came home,” Miyamoto says in the video, while Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, promises the attraction will be akin to players walking into a Nintendo game..
Universal teases that question blocks, power-ups and Mario characters from will be part of the themed areas. Though it did not specify an opening date, the company says to expect it in the next few years. Nintendo struck the deal with Universal last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day