- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Centineo is the latest to join Elizabeth Banks’ and Sony’s Charlie’s Angels remake starring Kristen Stewart, Aladdin actress Naomi Scott and British newcomer Ella Balinska. It is not clear who Centineo will play but his character does develop romantic sparks with one of the Angels.
The new story takes the female-fronted detective-agency premise of the original 1976-81 TV series and 2000 and 2003 movies global, with the Townsend Agency now a security and intelligence service that has teams around the world. The movie will focus on one of those teams and the next generation of Angels.
Banks and Jay Basu (The Girl in the Spider’s Web) wrote the script, working off of earlier drafts by Craig Mazin and Semi Chellas, and the story is said to build on what’s come previously. Producing with Banks are her husband, Max Handelman; Doug Belgrad, who is also co-financing through his 2.0 Entertainment; and Elizabeth Cantillon.
Sony has slated the Angels’ mission for a Sept. 27, 2019, release.
Centineo, who also starred in Netflix feature Sierra Burgess Is a Loser, is repped by CAA, Definition and Myman Greenspan.
Variety first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day