- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jonathan Levine is directing the project, which, in a tone described as Twilight meets Shaun of the Dead, follows an existentially tormented zombie named R that begins an unlikely friendship with the human girlfriend (Palmer) of one of his victims. The blossoming relationship starts a chain reaction that will transform him, his fellow zombies and maybe the whole lifeless world.
Palmer’s character is described as the daughter of one of the humans’ military leaders who is tiring of a life of constantly fighting off zombie attacks.
The project is based on a book by Isaac Marion that will be published by Atria Books, a division of Simon and Schuster.
The film is being produced by Bruna Papanadrea through her Make Movies banner and executive produced by Laurie Webb and Cori Shepherd Stern. Production on the film is slated to commence this summer.
Palmer, repped by WME and Management 360, played the human-looking alien warrior known as Number Six in DreamWorks’ I Am Number Four, a part that teed her up for a career jump with its physicality and cool demeanor.
Palmer’s recent credits also include Take Me Home Tonight, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Bedtime Stories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day