- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Radius is planning a second quarter 2015 release for the film, which is directed by Josh and Benny Safdie and blends fiction, formalism and raw documentary.
The story centers on a young heroin addict (Arielle Holmes) who finds mad love in the streets of New York. It also stars Caleb Landry-Jones and features street legend Buddy Duress and gore rapper Necro.
From a screenplay by Ronald Bronstein and Josh Safdie, Heaven Knows What first premiered at the Venice Film Festival before screening in Toronto. At Venice, THR’s critic wrote of the film: “Following their detour into unconventional sports documentary with Lenny Cooke, the sibling filmmaker team returns to the scruffy aesthetic, raw authenticity and unstrung characters of their first feature, Daddy Longlegs.”
The film is a co-production between Iconoclast Films and Elara Pictures, the latter of which is a new production company recently formed by the Safdies together with Sebastian Bear-McClard and Oscar Boyson. The executive producers are Charles-Marie Anthonioz, Mourad Belkeddar, Jean Duhamel and Nicolas Lhermitte.
The deal was negotiated by Radius co-presidents Tom Quinn and Jason Janego with ICM Partners on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day