- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Oct. 2, the five-and-a-half-hour cut of the film will bow theatrically, on VOD and at special festival events across North America, as well as in several European countries including Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, the Czech Republic and in Von Trier’s native Denmark.
Denmark is the only territory where the extra-long version of Nymphomaniac has been released theatrically. Elsewhere, the film was cut into two shorter films: Vol.1 and Vol.2. Von Trier’s director’s cut of Nymphomaniac Vol.1 debuted at the Berlin Film Festival this year, while his cut of Vol.2 bowed in Venice earlier this month.
The film, the story of a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, features Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgard in an all-star ensemble cast that also includes Stacy Martin, Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and Willem Dafoe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
When They See Us
Toronto Film Festival