- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anne Hathaway is stocking up on O2.
The actress will star in the sci-fi thriller, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed, as a woman who mysteriously wakes up inside a cryogenic chamber and must escape before her air supply runs out.
Christie LeBlanc wrote the script, which is largely devoted to a single performer, and marks her feature film debut. Suzan Bymel and Hathaway are producing with Echo Lake’s Adam Riback and James Engle, and IM Global’s Stuart Ford and Greg Shapiro will also be producers. IM Global is financing the $10 million project, and CAA is representing domestic rights. No director is currently attached, and production is eyed to begin in the fall.
Hathaway, who just wrapped production on the starry heist spinoff Oceans Eight, is also set to star in the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels remake Nasty Women with Rebel Wilson, the Steven Knight drama Serenity with Matthew McConaughey, as well as Deniz Gamze Erguven’s survival tale The Lifeboat. She is repped by CAA and Management 360.
LeBlanc is repped by CAA and Echo Lake.
IM Global’s senior vp acquisitions and co-productions John Zois has been negotiating the deal on behalf of IM Global.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day