- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now a filmmaker named Rich Williamson has put together a fan trailer imagining a film showing Kenobi’s life after 2005’s Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith. The Jedi master is living in exile on Tatooine, tortured by the role he played in the downfall of the Republic and watching over a young Luke Skywalker.
Most of the footage comes from Last Days in the Desert, in which the actor plays Jesus Christ during his 40 days in the wilderness. The film debuted at last year’s Sundance Film Festival to positive reviews.
“I’ll stay as long as it takes. Forever. To witness the end,” Kenobi says — explaining why he just hangs out on Tatooine waiting for Luke to grow up.
The Star Wars universe is poised to debut its first stand-alone film with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story slated for December. A young Han Solo film is also on the slate, and fans have been clamoring for a Kenobi spinoff.
“I’d love if Star Wars started doing different genres, especially with the ‘Star Wars Story’ films,” Williamson wrote in the comments section of his trailer. “One film might be a heist movie, one a horror, this one more of a meditative Western. Shake it up.”
Does this pitch have your vote?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Palm Springs international film festival
One Piece Film Red