- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Every year at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, fashion trends are made of snow and ski wear: parkas, thick leggings, wool caps, big sweaters and water and snowproof boots take over from finery by Nina Ricci and Marc Jacobs, and they annually change color, shape and styles, just like the second floor at Barneys. This year’s hot boot is the Ahnu Tahoe shearling, which features 200 grams of insulation, a waterproof linter and something called a Vibram outsole to keep one stable on those slippery slops – of stardom and of Main Street, Park City. They lace up the outside and cost only $220 a pair. Not bad, compared to Louboutins. Even on sale.
They can be purchased at www.ahnu.com, for anybody heading into the cold – but you can bet Octavia Spencer, promoting her new movie Smashed (with Aaron Paul and Megan Mullally), got them for free in a gifting sweet. Then Octavia’s The Help co-star Allison Janney was also spotted at Sundance in a pair of Ahnu Tahoes in white – she’s in town promoting her new film Liberal Arts with Elizabeth Olsen, Josh Radnor and Richard Jenkins. In Sundance, two celebs in a boot qualifies as a homerun – and a new must-have!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day