- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guillermo del Toro has a new supernatural movie in the works and is already deep into casting.
Octavia Spencer is in negotiations to board the untitled feature, which del Toro is writing, producing and directing for Fox Searchlight, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The goal is to shoot this summer.
Details are being kept in a bunker, but the film is described as a mysterious and magical journey set against the backdrop of Cold War-era America circa 1963, with an otherworldly love story at the center of it.
Spencer won a best supporting actress Oscar for her work in 2011’s The Help. She appears in The Divergent Series — Allegiant, which bows this weekend; voices a part in the current animated pic Zootopia; and just boarded Searchlight’s period race drama Hidden Figures.
Spencer is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight
Sir Anthony Hopkins