- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate has made it official: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 will be released in China on Feb. 8, 2015, during the Chinese New Year holiday period.
The Jennifer Lawrence-starrer was earlier set to debut in China on Nov. 21 2014, a day ahead of its U.S. theatrical release, before being pushed to a January 2015 rollout. But Lionsgate motion picture group co-chairs Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman on Tuesday confirmed Mockingjay — Part 1, jointly distributed in China by China Film Group, Huaxia Film Distribution and Talent International Film Co., will debut on over 4,000 screens across the country on Feb. 8.
That release marks the biggest Hunger Games rollout to date in China, and the first installment to be released in 3D. The February release date also gets Mockingjay —Part 1 away from a January crush of Hollywood tentpoles in China, to include The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on Jan. 23, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb on Jan. 4 and Annie on Jan. 9.
To promote Mockingjay — Part 1, Lawrence has recorded a special greeting for Hunger Games fans in China, and a Chinese language trailer is being rolled out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day