- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After weeks of speculation, Stan Lee has confirmed that he will appear in an upcoming episode of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.
While details on just whom he will play are unclear, Lee — who also serves as an executive producer on the freshman series — tells The Hollywood Reporter that it’s a “big role.” The episode — see the first-look photo above — will most likely air Feb. 4, though that is subject to change.
Lee has made what he calls “a million cameos” in various Marvel movies, from the Iron Man trilogy to The Avengers to the various Spider-Man films. Among the Marvel features he’s appeared in, he’s always played featured extras with minor speaking roles, including a mailman and a rejected wedding guest in the two Fantastic Four movies.
His TV appearances have included a stint as himself on The Big Bang Theory.
Next up, Lee takes on his first starring role in the animated movie Stan Lee’s Mighty 7, in which he mentors a group of superheroes while writing about their adventures in comic books. It’s set to premiere on Hub Network at 8 p.m. Feb. 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day