- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Ohio State University marching band paid tribute to Hollywood over the weekend with an impressive halftime performance.
Saturday’s halftime show of the Ohio State-Penn State football game was themed “Hollywood Blockbusters.” During its performance, the band played theme songs from such movies as Jurassic Park (John Williams), Man of Steel (Hans Zimmer) and the Harry Potter movies (Williams, again).
But what really impressed those watching the show was the band’s various formations, including the Superman tribute, during which the band split into two groups — one of which formed a leaning skyscraper while the other one took the shape of Superman flying to save the building.
In the Jurassic Park segment, the band takes the shape of a dinosaur — and eats one of its own, while the Harry Potter tribute involves a flying quidditch player.
The performance ends with a clever jab at Ohio’s rival, Michigan, via a Pirates of the Caribbean tribute.
Video of the halftime show has been viewed nearly 2.5 million times on YouTube so far.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day