- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Familye, a black-and-white drama set in the mean streets of Berlin’s Wedding district, will open this year’s Oldenburg International Film Festival, one of Germany’s leading indie film events.
Familye is the debut feature from directors Kubilay Sarikaya and Sedat Kirtan and was made entirely outside Germany’s film subsidy system. The drama follows and ex-con who, following his release, has to care for his two younger brothers: one of whom is a gambling addict, the other has Down Syndrome. Sarikaya and Kirtan wrote, directed and produced the feature, and co-star in the film.
Arnel Taci, Violetta Schurawlow and the German rapper Xatar co-star.
EKC-Film produced Familye together with Lynarwood and Paloma Film, the shingle of German star Moritz Bleibtreu (Munich), who has been a cheerleader for the project.
Familye will have its world premiere in Oldenburg on Sept.13.
The 24th Oldenburg festival runs Sept.13-17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day