- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Simon West has found a leading lady for his latest action-comedy.
Olga Kurylenko has joined the cast of Salty, which is starting principal photography in Chile on Monday, starring alongside Antonio Banderas, who was tapped as the film’s lead in May.
The actress will play Sheila Enry, pampered supermodel wife of Banderas‘ aging rocker and reformed sex addict Turk Enry. Described as “The Hangover meets Spinal Tap” and co-adapted by Mark Haskell Smith from his own novel, the story sees Kurylenko’s character abducted by a group of renegade ship-less buccaneers while on an exotic luxury holiday.
West will direct, with Jib Polhemus and Harry Stourton producing. Toby Davis co-wrote the script with Haskell Smith.
“I’m delighted Olga has joined Antonio and the rest of the cast,” West said in a statement. “Her talents in both action and comedy make her the perfect Sheila. I’m excited about the prospect of shooting in Chile, I’ve been very impressed by what I’ve found here in terms of talent and wonderful locations — I know we’re going to make a great movie.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day