- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Indie film Frank and Cindy has rounded out its cast as it heads into production.
The based-on-a-true-story film about Frank Garcia, bassist of early 1980s one-hit wonder band OXO, and his wife Cindy Brown, has added Oliver Platt, Jane Levy, Marc Maron and Johnny Simmons to its cast.
Brown’s son, G.J. Echternkamp, who made the documentary on which the film is based, is set to direct the feature.
Platt will play Garcia while Rene Russo, who was previously announced as a member of the cast, will play Brown.
Scoot McNairy will produce the film along with John Pierce, Bill Perkins and Bic Tran.
Platt recently completed work on Cut Bank and will next work on Focus’ Kill the Messenger. He’s repped by WME.
Levy is a series regular on ABC’s Suburgatory and will star in the psychological thriller In a Dark Place. She’s repped by WME.
Maron writes, produces and stars in the IFC comedy series Maron. He’ll also star in the upcoming comedy feature Flock of Dudes. He’s repped by WME.
Simmons, whose work includes The Perks of Being a Wallflower and 21 Jump Street, most recently appeared in raunchy comedy The To Do List. He’s repped by Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day