- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oliver Platt and Molly Parker have joined Miramax’s supernatural thriller The 9th Life of Louis Drax, which has started shooting in Vancouver.
The film, a Canada-U.K. co-production from AntColony Films and Brightlight Pictures for Miramax, previously announced Jamie Dornan (Fifty Shades of Grey) and Aaron Paul as co-stars. Platt is to play Louis Drax’s psychologist, Dr. Perez, while Parker assumes the role of Det. Dalton.
Alexandre Aja is directing from a screenplay by Max Minghella. Based on Liz Jensen‘s novel of the same name, The 9th Life of Louis Drax centers on a young boy who has suffered a near-fatal fall and finds himself drawn into a mystery that tests the boundaries of fantasy and reality.
The producer credits are shared by Tim Bricknell, Minghella and Shawn Williamson. Rosanne Korenberg is executive producing.
Brightlight Pictures will handle Canadian distribution, while Miramax distributes to the rest of the world, with Sierra/Affinity as the international sales agent. Zanne Devine is overseeing the project for Miramax.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day