- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ask Oliver Stone about drugs and the answers are revealing.
The filmmaker that’s brought Platoon, Wall Street and Born on the Fourth of July to the big screen shows just how much he knows and what he enjoys.
“California makes the best in the world now. When I was a kid, it was Vietnamese, it was Thai, Jamaican for a while. All my life I’ve been doing it, off and on,” he says. “I can stop marijuana. I can [go without it] for weeks and weeks. I’m not addicted, but I enjoy it. I also enjoy alcohol.”
As for heavy drugs, Stone is more nitpicky.
“Cocaine, I stay away from,” he reveals. “But I believe in LSD, mescaline, mushrooms, ayahuasca. You ever heard of ayahuasca? It’s a very strong juice that comes from the rubber trees. Ecstasy is great, too.”
Savages, in theaters July 6, centers on two pot growers whose mutual girlfriend is kidnapped by a Mexican cartel. Taylor Kitsch, Blake Lively, Aaron Johnson, Benicio Del Toro, Salma Hayek and John Travolta star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day