- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gordon-Levitt, who plays the infamous whistleblower, is seen walking in front of the White House with co-star Shailene Woodley, who plays his girlfriend in the thriller. Other castmembers include Nicolas Cage, Melissa Leo, Zachary Quinto, Tom Wilkinson, Rhys Ifans, Joely Richardson and Timothy Olyphant.
The thriller is based on Luke Harding‘s book The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Wanted Man, which chronicles Snowden’s move from Hawaii to Hong Kong, where he handed over the NSA documents to journalist Glenn Greenwald; and Time of the Octopus, the upcoming novel by the whistleblower’s Russian lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, who tells the story of Snowden’s time waiting for the government in Moscow to grant him asylum.
The former NSA contractor now is living in Russia and faces likely felony charges of espionage should he return to the U.S. after leaking classified information. Open Road Films will release Snowden in the U.S. on Dec. 25, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day