- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Baz Luhrmann has found the Priscilla to his Elvis in The Society actress Olivia DeJonge, Warner Bros. said Friday.
Australian DeJonge, who also starred in M. Night Shyamalan’s 2015 thriller The Visit, will portray Priscilla Presley in Luhrmann’s untitled movie that will follow a 20-year period of Elvis Presley’s life as he hit stratospheric levels of fame and success.
“Olivia is capable of manifesting the complex depth and presence that has made Priscilla Presley an icon in her own right. She’s an extremely talented young actor and the perfect counterpoint to Austin’s [Butler] Elvis,” Luhrmann said in a statement.
Butler beat out the likes of Ansel Elgort and Harry Styles to play the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll in the film that will examine the musician’s life through his relationship with his manager Colonel Tom Parker, played by Tom Hanks.
Principal photography will begin early next year in Queensland, Australia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day