- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Add another fan-favorite character to the cast of next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse, with director Bryan Singer announcing via Instagram that Olivia Munn will play the telepathic Psylocke in the follow-up to X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Singer revealed that the Newsroom actress would play Betsy Braddock in the movie (presumably before the confusing and overcomplicated plot that saw her changed from a caucasian former supermodel to a Japanese ninja for no immediately obvious reason ). Apocalypse is currently in production for a summer 2016 release.
The comic book’s Psylocke was created by Chris Claremont and Herb Trimpe for the British Captain Britain series, where she appeared throughout the 1970s and ’80s, before joining the X-Men in 1987’s Uncanny X-Men No. 213. Since that time, she has been a mainstay both of the main team and spin-off series including Exiles and X-Force.
Munn will join a cast that includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence in the movie, which hits theaters May 27 next year. Munn is repped by CAA and Atlas Artists.
A photo posted by Bryan Singer (@bryanjaysinger) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day