- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Olivia Munn is attached to play the lead in Aleppo, a Syrian refugee drama from MiLu Entertainment.
Director David Schurmann’s drama tells the story of a Syrian boy refugee and a U.N. journalist, played by Munn, brought together by tragedy as they escape Syria to survive.
Munn is also set to star in the action title Replay, and the social drama The Gateway, currently in post-production. Beto Dantas penned the script for Aleppo for Brazliian director Schurmann.
Oscar-winning art director Brigitte Broch and composer Antonio Pinto are also attached to the project, with Juan Bergaz of Bergaz Productions serving as executive producer.
Schurmann directed the Brazilian indie Little Secret. MiLu Entertainment is also producing The Thicket, which stars Peter Dinklage, Noomi Rapace, Sophia Lillis, Charlie Plummer.
MiLu is currently handling sales rights for Aleppo. Munn is represented by Atlas Artists and CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
London Film Festival