- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CinemaCon, the annual gathering of Hollywood studios and cinema owners, is set to run April 1-4 in Las Vegas. The convention is hosted by the National Association of Theatre Owners.
Marking Wilde’s feature directorial debut, Booksmart is slated to open May 24. The unfiltered high school comedy stars Kaitlyn Dever and Beanie Feldstein. Annapurna and Gloria Sanchez, the female-focused production banner at Gary Sanchez Productions, produced the United Artists release.
“With a dedication to telling stories that need to be heard, Olivia Wilde is bringing her voice to the big screen in her own way with Booksmart,” said CinemaCon managing director Mitch Neuhauser. “Bringing a new perspective to the mind of young women; audiences across the globe are sure to be entertained by this brilliant directorial debut.”
The actress, producer and activist will be feted during CinemaCon’s Big Screen Achievement Awards ceremony on April 4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day