- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jim Carrey and James Gandolfini are already in negotiations to join the cast.
The project is set in the world of rival Las Vegas magicians. Carell is a more traditional magic man who is dethroned by a hipper illusionist doing dangerous tricks and breaks up with his partner then must find a way to rediscover his love for magic.
Carrey is playing the magician who represents the new face of magic while Gandolfini will be an owner of a casino.
Wilde will play Carell’s love interest, who at first is his assistant but later works for Carrey.
Buscemi will play Carell’s longtime friend and partner who quits the act.
The movie is scheduled to go before cameras in January.
Veteran TV director Don Scardino is making his feature debut on the project, which is being produced by Chris Bender and J.C. Spink of Benderspink, Tyler Mitchell, and Carell. Benderspink’s Jake Weiner is also producing.
Wilde, repped by WME and Untitled, was last seen in Cowboys & Aliens. Buscemi, repped by WME and the Gotham Group, stars in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day