- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unsurprisingly, Olivia Wilde’s dreamy Valentino Couture gown was the starting point for the rest of her slightly Grecian look at the Oscars. Especially when it came to the Vinyl star’s makeup, artist Melanie Inglessis says she was inspired to do a beautiful, ethereal face featuring a bronzy eye that would complement both the gown and her personality.
“Smoky eyes is really her signature look,” says Inglessis, who used shades of peach and gold to keep it light. It just takes a few simple steps to recreate the style. First, the makeup artist blended colors #2 and #4 from the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Decadent ($8) across the bottom of Wilde’s lash lines to create depth and a smoky quality. Next, she applied Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art in Burnished Bling ($9) to just the center of her lids for a touch of sparkle.
Using a long-lasting Revlon liner in black, Inglessis drew soft wings along the top lash line to enhance the actress’s lashes. Finally, she brushed on two coats of Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara in Blackest Black ($9). Four steps, one goddess-worthy look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day