- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kerri Walsh Jennings, three-time U.S. Olympic gold medalist in beach volleyball, will be the subject of a new documentary, produced and directed by Gabe Spitzer for Tribeca Digital Studios and Dick’s Sporting Goods Films.
The project, which begins production this month, will follow Walsh Jennings and her new partner April Ross as Walsh Jennings prepares for an attempt at a fourth gold medal at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Earlier this year, Tribeca Digital Studios and The Dick’S Sporting Goods Foundation won an Outstanding Sports Documentary Emmy for We Could Be King, about a high school football team.
“When we first partnered with Dick’s Sporting Goods last year, we set out to tell inspiring stories through the lens of experienced filmmakers and redefine the relationship between corporate brands and content creation,” Paula Weinstein, executive vp Tribeca Enterprises, said. “It has proven to be a winning combination. We are looking forward to starting production on this new project and shining a light on an incredible athlete as she works towards making Olympic history.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day