- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two weeks ago, the first trailer for Walter Salles’ On the Road debuted, providing the first look at the long-awaited adaptation of Jack Kerouac‘s literary classic.
While much attention has been paid to Kristen Stewart’s post-Twilight starring role as Dean Moriarty’s young wife, Marylou, in the film, new posters highlight some of the male characters in the film.
A new poster features Tom Sturridge as Carlo Marx, with the tagline, “We’re alive!”
Sam Riley stars as Kerouac’s alter-ego Sal Paradise, a recent divorcee who hits the road with his best friend, Dean Moriarty (Garrett Hedlund). Sturridge, Kirsten Dunst, Viggo Mortensen, Amy Adams, Steve Muscemi and Elisabeth Moss round out the cast.
A character poster for Mortensen’s character, Old Bull Lee, was released at the same time as the trailer. The tagline, “The best teacher is experience” graces the poster. (View below.)
It looks like we can expect more of these sepia-toned character posters to debut in the future before the film, adapted for the screen by Jose Rivera, is released. No official release date for the U.S. has been announced, but rumors are circling that the film may premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day