- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Musicians Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova became household names when they inspired, starred and sang in the Oscar-winning 2006 film Once. Now, the former couple (who perform together as The Swell Season) are bringing their talents to the Off-Broadway stage.
The two have written music and lyrics for a stage adaptation of the love story, which will debut at downtown Manhattan’s New York Theater Workshop in November. This follows a multiweek workshop that took place at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass., which the producers and creators deemed an artistic success, according to the New York Times. Eventually, the show’s backers hope to take it to Broadway.
John Tiffany directs the stage production, which is based on a book written by playwright Enda Walsh (“Penelope”), Steven Hoggett (Peter and the Starcatcher, American Idiot) is the show’s choreographer, sets and costumes are by Bob Crowley.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Silent Twins