- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount’s adaptation of the One Direction-inspired fan-fiction story After is moving forward with Susan McMartin hired to adapt it for the big screen.
Anna Todd wrote the book, which centers on a virginal Washington State student named Tessa who meets a tattooed classmate named Harry (based on One Direction’s Harry Styles). It was first released via the online Wattpad community (the series has more than 1 billion reads on Wattpad) and later published by Gallery Books.
Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman are producing the film (which could be considered a Fifty Shades-type story, but for a younger generation) via their OffSpring Entertainment.
McMartin is currently a writer and producer on CBS’ popular comedy show Mom. In March, the series was renewed for a third season. She previously worked on the comedy series Two and a Half Men. On the feature film side, she wrote the script for Cook, a drama starring Eddie Murphy and Britt Robertson that is now in post-production. She’s repped by UTA, Primary Wave and attorney Gregg Gellman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day