- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When the going gets tough, the tough gets punching — seemingly one of the lessons from Down Set Fight, a new graphic novel from Scott Pilgrim and The Sixth Gun publishers, Oni Press, due for release next month. For readers of digital comics, however, the future is now — Oni has announced that the title will get an early serialized release through ComiXology.
Down Set Fight, by Chris Sims, Chad Bowers and Scott Kowalchuk, tells the story of Chuck Fairlane, a man whose quiet life of high school football coaching keeps getting disrupted by his past. What makes this story different from other, similar, efforts is that Fairlane’s past comes in the form of countless football mascots who want to fight him for mysterious reasons.
Ahead of the print release of the full graphic novel on February 12, Down Set Fight will be released digitally across six weekly issues, each one for $1.99. The first digital issue is available now, with subsequent releases each Tuesday through February 11. It’ll leave you wanting to take on the closest football mascot yourself, but don’t follow that impulse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day