- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The studio on Wednesday announced that a new film called Onward will voice star Chris Pratt, Tom Holland, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Octavia Spencer. Monsters University director Dan Scanlon and producer Kori Rae are taking on the project, a suburban fantasy tale which centers on two teen elf brothers who go on a quest to discover if there is still magic left in the world.
“At Pixar we try to create stories that come from some kind of personal truth,” said Scanlon. “This film was inspired by my own relationship with my brother.”
Onward will be a reunion for Pratt and Holland, who appeared together this summer in Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War. Pratt also appeared earlier this year in Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and has Warner Bros.’ The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part due out in February. Holland recently wrapped filming Spider-Man: Far From Home, reprising his role as Spider-Man/Peter Parker for a fourth film. Louis-Dreyfus currently stars on HBO’s Veep, which will return for a final season in the spring, while Spencer earned an Oscar nomination for last year’s The Shape of Water and voice stars in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, which is due out in 2020.
Onward is slated to hit theaters March 6, 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day