- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Open Road Films and Endgame Entertainment have picked up the distribution rights to Marlon Wayans’ horror spoof movie A Haunted House, setting a January 11, 2013 release date.
The deal was made with IM Global, who financed and produced the picture via its genre label Octane.
Wayans, who has spoof credits such as Scary Movie and its sequel plus Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, co-wrote the movie and stars in it with Essense Atkins, David Koechner and Nick Swardson.
The movie, directed by Michael Tiddes, parodies the supernatural found footage genre.
Open Road’s next release is End of Watch, the crime thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. Endgame is behind Looper, Riann Johnson’s sci-fi action movie starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. TriStar and Film District open the movie September 28.
CAA packaged and sold domestic rights to the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day