- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Daisy Ridley plays the forbidden love of Hamlet in The Hollywood Reporter‘s exclusive first-look image of Ophelia.
Set in the 14th century but spoken in a contemporary voice, Ophelia is a dynamic reimagining of Shakespeare’s Hamlet that tells the untold story of her tragic romance with the prince.
Naomi Watts, Clive Owen, George MacKay, Tom Felton and Devon Terrell also star in the film, which follows Ophelia as the Queen’s (Watts) most trusted lady-in-waiting. Beautiful and intelligent, she soon captures the attention of the handsome Prince Hamlet (MacKay) and a forbidden love blossoms.
Owen plays Claudius, Felton portrays Laertes and Terrell plays Horatio.
Directed by Claire McCarthy, the adaptation comes from Lisa Klein’s 2006 book Ophelia; Semi Chellas wrote the screenplay. Daniel Bobker, Sarah Curtis, Paul Hanson and Ehren Kruger are producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day