- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Orange Is the New Black actor Pablo Schreiber has signed to star opposite Gerard Butler in STX’s heist thriller Den of Thieves.
Christian Gudegast is set to direct from the original screenplay he co-wrote with Paul Sheuring.
The storyline focuses on $120 million that is taken out of circulation on a daily basis by the Los Angeles branch of the Federal Reserve and a notorious crew of robbers that plan the ultimate heist right under the noses of the city’s best cops. Butler is the head of a team of agents looking to stop the heist.
Schreiber will play the leader of the bank robbers.
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and O’Shea Jackson are also cast in the movie.
Tucker Tooley, Mark Canton, Butler and Alan Siegel are producing. Shooting begins later this month in Atlanta.
Schreiber is coming off a lead role in Beast of Burden, an indie thriller that stars Daniel Radcliffe as a pilot-turned-drug-informant. Jesper Ganslandt directed.
The actor earned an Emmy nomination for his role as George “Pornstache” Mendez on Netflix’s Orange and will next be seen in Freemantle/Starz’s much buzzed about adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s novel American Gods. He also stars in the upcoming Cary Fukunaga-produced film Thumper opposite Eliza Taylor.
He is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day