- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pablo Schreiber is moving from the all-women’s federal prison to the recording studio.
The Emmy-nominated Orange is the New Black star has been cast as the lead in Traces, the upcoming musical-themed indie from Canadian TV actor Matthew Currie Holmes in his feature film directorial debut.
Schreiber will play a former ‘90s one-hit wonder who meets an up-and-coming artist and given a rare second chance at rejoining the industry and reigniting his passing for music. He will star alongside Grammy-winner Rick Springfield (Ricki and the Flash, True Detective) and rising talent Sosie Bacon (Scream: The TV Series).
Currently shooting on location in Los Angeles, Traces was written by Holmes, produced by Ted Kroeber (American Gun, Splinter), Roger Goff (Man Down, Dallas Buyers Club) and Kevin Lamb.
“Roger, Kevin and I are thrilled to be working with an exciting and fantastically talented cast of seasoned artists who are fully behind Matthew’s vision for his directorial debut,” said Kroeber.
Schreiber is repped by ICM and Circle of Confusion, Springfield is repped by ICM and Bacon is repped by The Kohner Agency and Impression Entertainment.
convention is going to be overturned.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day