- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Arnett will play an FBI agent with a rugged lone-wolf Rottweiler NYPD police dog, Max, voiced by Ludacris. When an underground network of illegal animal traders is uncovered at a prestigious dog show, the duo enlists the help of a seasoned dog trainer (Lyonne) to go undercover.
Stanley Tucci, Shaquille O’Neal and Alan Cumming also will voice dogs.
Raja Gosnell will direct the family feature and is already familiar with onscreen canines, having previously directed the live-action Scooby Doo movie.
Principal photography has already begun at Pinewood Studios in the U.K. Open Road Films and Riverstone Pictures are co-financing and producing.
Deepak Nayar and Philip von Alvensleben are producing, with Tom Ortenberg, Nik Bower, Max Botkin, Raja Gosnell, Scott Lambert, Yu Fai Suen and Robert Norrisa acting as executive producers.
Lyonne is repped by WME, 3 Arts and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day